Family Grant Program
Building on Love, Inc. is expanding to serve its local community by providing financial support to individuals with a recent life-altering diagnosis.
Current Referring Medical Partners:
- The Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center
- New York Oncology Hematology
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan
- The Capital Cup for Kids / Capital Cup Sports LLC
About our Family Grant Program:
Building on Love, Inc. provides short-term financial support to families who are struggling to keep up with their bills while supporting a loved-one undergoing treatment for a recent life-altering medical diagnosis. Our focus is on helping those who could otherwise make ends meet if not for their diagnosis and treatment.
We do not provide funding to individuals. We will pay approved bills directly to the issuing company.
To apply for financial assistance, applying families must meet the following criteria and provide all items required in our application:
To apply for financial assistance, families must meet the following criteria:
1. The patient named in the application has been diagnosed with a life altering illness within the last 120 days and is in active treatment.
2. The patient named in the application must be a member of a household with at least one parent/guardian supporting at least one child under the age of 18.
3. The family must reside, and have maintained uninterrupted residency for 12 months, in one of the counties served by our approved referral partners.
4. The family is facing a demonstrable loss of income due to missed work. Though we do not base our decisions on replacing lost income – our goal is to provide a temporary financial bridge. This focuses our efforts on working families. We also consider any substantial increase in non-medical related expenses due to the qualifying life-altering diagnosis.
While Building on Love’s mission is to support approved grantees in the hope that their medical crisis does not also result in a financial crisis, we are only a temporary financial bridge and not a long-term solution.
Questions? Contact our Jeff Yule via email at [email protected]